The following articles and lists I have found extremely useful in my work and thinking. Inspired by Rush Limbaugh’s famous ‘Stack of Stuff.’ Contact me if you know of any interesting articles, I would love to read your suggestions.
- Officer Brian Sicknick died of a stoke – (article) Daily Mail report regarding the mother of Officer Sicknick died of a stroke and not from the attack at the January 6 Capitol riot.
- No, God does not have a plan for you? – A reddit post I made years ago, questioning the concept of “Everything happens for a reason” or “God has a plan for you.”
- Why Does God Let Bad Things Happen? – (Video) Continuing theme of the last article from reddit. Fr. Mike explains why “this is part of God’s plan” is not a useful phrase to say. Great video.
- Art Bell 2015: Art Bell interview’s his true successor, Joe Rogan
- Bill Burr (#1491):
- Ben Shapiro (#993, #1276, #1732)
- Brian Cox (1233):
- David Blaine (1527):
- David Sinclair (#1670):
- Graham Hancock(#1248):
- Hamilton Morris (#1136)
- Jay Leno (#692):
- Jordan Peterson (#1070; #1769):
- Mark Normand (#1355, #1587)
- Matt Taibbi (#1745):
- Michio Kaku (#1828):
- Mike Judge (#1835):
- Mr. Beast (#0000)
- Oliver Stone (1759):
- Ryan Holiday (1836) – Host of the Daily Stoic
- Tim Pool vs. Jack Dorsey (#1258):
Books I’m currently working through.
- The Drama of Salvation by Jimmy Akin
Supreme Court Cases
Listen to oral arguments and read about some of the most interesting Supreme Court cases:
- Arizona v. Johnson, 2008 – Is a passenger detained by police in a normal traffic stop?
- Dobbs v. Jackson 2021 – Is Mississippi’s law banning nearly all abortions after 15 weeks’ gestational age unconstitutional?
- Kennedy v. Bremerton School District – Is a public school employee’s prayer during school sports activities protected speech?
- DC v. Heller – Does the second amendment give people an individual a right to own firearms?
- Bush v. Gore – Did the Florida Supreme Court violate Article II Section 1 Clause 2 of the U.S. Constitution by making new election law?
- Kelo v. City of New London – Does a city violate the Fifth Amendment’s takings clause if the city takes private property
- Gonzales v. Carhart – Is the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003 an unconstitutional
- Gonzales v. Planned Parenthood – Is the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003 an unconstitutional
- McCullen v.Coakley – Concerning the 35-foot buffer zone around abortion clinics
- Scheidler v.National Organization for Women, Inc. – Does the Hobbs Act prohibit violence unrelated to extortion or robbery?
- Madison v.Alabama – Death Penalty and mental disabilities.
- Miller v.Alabama – Does the imposition of a life-without-parole sentence on a fourteen-year-old child violate the Eighth and Fourteenth Amendments’ prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment?
- Texas v.Johnson – Is the desecration of an American flag, by burning or otherwise, a form of speech that is protected under the First Amendment?
- Lawrence v. Texas – Do the criminal convictions of John Lawrence and Tyron Garner under the Texas “Homosexual Conduct” law, which criminalizes sexual intimacy by same-sex couples, but not identical behavior by different-sex couples, violate the Fourteenth Amendment guarantee of equal protection of laws?
- Crawford v.Washington – Does playing out-of-court testimony to a jury, with no chance for cross-examination, violate a defendant’s Sixth Amendment?
- Brown v.Entertainment Merchants – Does the First Amendment bar a state from restricting the sale of violent video games to minors?